Right-wing pundit and Fox News regular Ann Coulter caused quite a stir on a Delta flight on Saturday. After years of tearing into “liberal whiners” for “playing the victim card” she proved she’s a bit of a “snowflake” herself when her white privilege gets interrupted.
The Huffington Post reports she was en route from New York City’s LaGuardia Airport to a destination in Florida when the fracas began.
Ann Coulter was seated in the plane happily tapping vitriolic tweets about immigrants into her cellphone when she got interrupted. Something came up and the flight attendant was telling her to switch seats with someone.
Ann Coulter was not pleased, as she informed her 1.6 million Twitter followers. It turns out she had specifically booked a seat with extra legroom and now she was being told to give it up. “Why are you taking me out of the extra room seat I specifically booked,” she demanded to know. But she says the Delta flight attendant replied, “I don’t know.”
And here’s a photo of the undeserving woman who stole her “extra room seat” and the others in her row. She’s not an “air marshall” or tall person in need of her “PRE-BOOKED seat,” this right whinger lamented. She’s just some random young woman rolling her eyes at the camera.
Ann Coulter then griped, “Hey @Delta, you mind telling me why it was an “emergency to move someone else into the seat I had carefully chosen in advance and booked?” Oh, and another thing: “@Delta, your wifi doesn’t work — probably to prevent passengers from tweeting from the plane about how they’re being treated.”
She went on and on about the “specific seat” she’d “Pre-booked” only to have “some woman” “waltz in at the last minute” and take her seat. And all this “without explanation, compensation or apology.” Bad sucky Delta. Ann Coulter thinks they’re the suckiest.
On the one hand, airlines really are horrible. If you had long legs, made the effort to book an “extra-room seat,” and then had it taken away, you’d be mad too. On the other hand, it’s Ann Coulter. And it’s hard to feel sympathetic towards someone who keeps going on the air and demanding we inflict all manner of cruelties on others.
First of all, taking photos of the flight attendant, the young woman, and her seatmates, then posting them to your 1.6 million Twitter followers was a stunningly callous and irresponsible move. People get sued for stuff like that.
Secondly, there could be many reasons why the Delta flight attendant asked Ann Coulter to change seats. The unnamed young woman may have gotten separated from her family through a ticketing error, could have asthma and her seatmate was wearing heavy perfume, may have needed the extra space due to an injury we can’t see, or could have been moved herself for reasons beyond her control. Hopefully she’ll contact Buzzfeed within the next couple of days and tell her side of the story, because “inquiring minds want to know.”
12 hilarious responses to Ann Coulter’s Delta tweet rant.
While thousands of fans liked and re-tweeted Ann Coulter’s tweet rant, others had fun tearing it to shreds.
1. Dusty: Ann Coulter is having a bad day which makes my day better. Thanks Delta.
2. Mrs. Betty Bowers: Ann Coulter has a meltdown when she loses 2 extra inches of legroom, but laughs when other people lose their healthcare or right to vote.
3. HeyThere: Every time someone pisses Ann Coulter off, an angel gets its wings.
4. Michael Cannella: You mean they took a seat that was rightfully yours and gave it to someone else? Now you and Merrick Garland have something in common.
5. Molly Knight: If you live your life as hateful as Ann Coulter, these are the faces that stare back at you every single day.
6. Tariq Nasheed: Ann Coulter=”Blacks need to get over their victim mentality” Ann Coulter has to change seats on Delta=”Oh my God, I’m being victimized!”
7. Liberal Lecter: Ann Coulter, the queen of darkness, is pissed off because Delta gave her seat away! God, shows us his support in little ways every day! LOVE
8. Josh Barro: One of the perks I get as a Gold Medallion flyer on Delta is that they give away Ann Coulter’s seat to a Mila Kunis lookalike.
9. Leah McElrath: Bullies are notorious whiners. But there is a reason Ann Coulter tweeted photos of these two women. See if you can spot it.
10. Peter Adelman: I am sick of tall neo nazis and their entitlements.
11. Shauna: If I am ever hungry but have no food, I will remember Ann Coulter’s outrage that a brown woman got her seat. And it will sustain me.
12. Justin Yandell: And why does she need leg room when she can just curl her feet up?
Why does Ann Coulter need an extra room seat when she can just curl her feet up? pic.twitter.com/aSBCmOAKwp
— Justin Yandell (@ShotgunZen) July 15, 2017
Delta spokesman Anthony Black told reporters they’re looking into the sitution.
“We are aware of the customer’s comments and we’re reaching out to her to address the complaints.”
Ann Coulter got dragged on Twitter, but at least she didn’t get dragged off the plane.
Featured image | Composite: CC BY-SA 2.0 2011 Gage Skidmore via Flickr, cropped and with background removed (Ann Coulter) | CC BY-SA 2.0 2001 Airbus/Delta, cropped and with background removed via Wikimedia Commons | Public Domain Emerald Jade via PublicDomainPictures.Net.