Every cloud has a silver lining, even in the devastating wake of Hurricane Irma. And for the people of Gainesville, Fla. it’s all those good-looking guys in their city’s police force.
As it turns out, the folks who run Gainesville Police Department are more social media savvy than most, and they often use Facebook and Twitter to connect with those they serve. Their lively and engaging feeds provide the usual mix of public safety warnings, advice, and updates along with more light-hearted posts featuring their officers and people in their community at large.
Now, these efforts are paying off as a photo they posted on Facebook goes viral with over 400,000 reactions and more than 200,000 shares as of the time of this writing. On Sunday, they assured Gainesville residents that they were sending crews out to assess and deal with Hurricane Irma’s damage. For starters, there was flooding, people had lost power, and many roadways were blocked by fallen trees.
The Facebook post featured three good-looking guys and announced, “Officers Nordman, Hamill and Rengering … part of the night crew getting ready to do some work. #Irma” It didn’t take long for the highly enthusiastic feedback to start flowing in.
The most popular comments included:
- Are we having a hot cop competition?
- Do a calendar, add puppies and I’m pretty sure we can rebuild Texas and Florida.
- ? ?
- Oh hello!! ?
- Good Lord..yall are gonna turn me into a criminal!
To which the Gainesville Police Dept. gamely responded, “ATTENTION LADIES! Sarasota Police Department sent backup to this post!”
These guys drew even more responses.
- Oh sweet mother of Jesus!
- Your service is deeply appreciated. DEEPLY. ❤
- I’ll take the one sitting on top of the car!
- Their truck is gorgeous.
- omg ? this is so great.
- How many are single? Haha.
Sarasota’s police department joined in the fun and jokingly declared that Gainesville’s hottie cops have nothing on their hottie cops.
The Gainesville Police Department’s feed got so swamped, they finally posted an update:
- We are dying with the comments. You’ve actually made our chief blush with some of them.
- MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
- We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
- On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
- Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your “incident”
- There WILL be a calendar.
They then added, “Thank you all for the hilarious comments…they have brightened our time up here. As for the calendar, we are going to try and do something fairly quickly and funds raised will go to Hurricane Irma recovery here in Florida.”
But with all jokes and thirsting aside, Gainesville police seriously have their work cut out for them.
Shortly before the storm hit, they posted this…Then later added that despite their approaching disaster preparations with a sense of humor, Hurricane Irma posed a serious danger.
Make no mistake, the Gainesville Police Department took their preparations for Hurricane Irma very seriously.
Before the storm, some even slept overnight at the Gainesville Police Dept., knowing they were in for a long haul.
The Gainesville Police Dept. also gives plenty of shoutouts to their women. They may not be looking hot while clearing fallen trees and other debris, but they’ve done their part and are certainly no slouches in the looks department.
Featured image: Gainesville Police Dept. via Facebook.