That’s right, Trump’s Morality.
The AnyoneButTrump Train collectively responds with a “What the f**k?!” series of loud blinks.
Today, I’m going to answer why the pro-Trump crowd, that is most affected by Pathos (appeal to emotions), have their “reasons” for choosing Trump for his…wait for it…moral values.
Morality: With Blind Emotional Appeal
1. Trump supports the “one man, one woman” definition of marriage.
2. He also wants to make abortion illegal, and punish women who have abortions.
Trump supporters hear that while he may be a flawed man and not “have time to be politically correct,” he will stand up for Judeo-Christian values. For some, this is the primary reason they are voting for him.
A Reasonable Perspective
As we’ve learned from experience (and a previous article) no one’s hunches are flawless. Sometimes, you bite the hand that feeds you in a fight or flight response.
If you were poisoned, I’m sure you would rather have someone educated with facts and logic telling you what would work as an antidote, rather than someone who goes with what they feel would save you.
And now, on to a more sensible way of forming opinions.
Morality: With Facts from Reliable Sources and Logic
How much does each candidate give to charity?
“For Hillary and Bill Clinton, the total is $23.2 million between 2001 and 2015. That figure comes from the Clintons’ joint tax returns, which the Democratic nominee has released.
In that 15-year period — the years since the Clintons left the White House — they earned about $237 million in adjusted gross income, much of it from speaking fees and book royalties. So Clinton and her husband donated about 9.8 percent of their adjusted gross income.
Trump says he is worth far more than the Clintons. He recently claimed his net worth as more than $10 billion.
[BUT…] it appears he has donated far less.
The Washington Post has identified about $3.9 million in donations since 2001 from Trump’s own pocket.”
1. For you those of you counting, that means Trump donated .039% of his $10 billion net worth over 15 years. To be fair, he may be lying about how much he was worth, which would increase his percentage.
Still, Trump supports the one man one woman definition of marriage.
2. BUT… there are many listings for the definition of marriage, and nothing suggests that any harm is caused by anyone of any gender over 18 marrying anyone else of any gender over 18 they choose. Some religious beliefs do hold that it is immoral for 2 people of the same gender to marry, in which case there is nothing wrong with choosing to follow those beliefs for oneself. However, if you value YOUR Constitutional rights to your beliefs, you need to respect the rights of OTHERS, lest we end up being ruled by the Pope again because Catholicism is still the nation’s largest religion.
3. AND…Trump is heard in a video bragging about sexually assaulting women while he was married. If one has an open marriage, it’s their business, but groping women without consent is a felony.
So, maybe he was lying. It’s not like anyone came forward accusing him of rape…
4. EXCEPT…for a girl saying she was raped when she was 13 by Donald Trump.
Many Trump supporters point out that it’s just one girl. She could also be telling the truth, but there’s no way to know until the case unfolds, and it’s not like there are loads of other women claiming they were raped by Trump…
5. EXCEPT…there are actually quite a few women coming forward with sexual assault allegations.
Trump Trainers say this could be just a ploy to destroy Trump’s campaign. It’s not like anyone accused him of sexual misconduct before this campaign…
6. EXCEPT…for the accusations that WERE made as early as 1993 and happened earlier than that.
7. AND…let’s not forget the fat shaming and forcing of a former Miss Universe to be followed by reporters to a gym, just because she gained 40 lbs.
8. AND…he has denied the scientific fact of global warming. While we’re on the subject, he often denies scientific facts, such as the fact that vaccines are safe and save lives.
9. AND…he’s said quite a few racist and anti-religious statements, including saying a judge was biased because of his Mexican heritage, promising to ban anyone of a particular religion from entering the country, and quite a few other examples.
Morality is subjective, but if we are to look at it with any objectivity, we need to look at the standard of values by which our country was founded and united together. The Declaration of Independence states that we all have the unalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and the First Amendment gives us the freedom of religion. The Founding Fathers created this in defiance to “the establishment of an absolute Tyranny.” If you want to keep tyranny out of government and those rights for yourself, you have to respect the rights of everyone else, no matter how irrationally emotional you get. Otherwise, you leave it open for a tyrannical Trump to sexually assault your daughters, even outside of bathrooms.
Fight or flight responses may have kept our species alive from IMMEDIATE DANGER, however, relying solely on emotional reactions to form opinions on ANYTHING is prejudiced by definition.
Prejudice: “a feeling of like or dislike for someone or something especially when it is not reasonable or logical”
This is why Hillary criticized “HALF” of Trump supporters as deplorables, which she later apologized for anyway.
Prejudice is deplorable. It leads to bullying, terrorism, and tyranny, the things our country was founded against.
To be fair, not all of Trump’s supporters are prejudiced. It depends on where your values lie.
Here’s a quote from a budding Nihilist:
“I would like to offer my reasoning for supporting Trump. I know he would do a pretty terrible job at this point, but I really am at the point of letting the whole thing burn down and explode. Trump would help us get there faster and more efficiently. Like the joker from The Dark Knight, I just want to see the world burn. I guess I am an anarchist in that respect. Once it’s all burnt down maybe we can have that constitutional convention we really need to fix things and get this country back on track if it still exists. Happy Friday. If you do decide to publish please include the email signature below.
Sent from NSA Monitored Device”
The point is, if you don’t want to watch our country burn, don’t vote for Trump. Hillary is not nearly as bad as Conservatives claim she is. Look at the facts and logically decide, before forming an opinion, otherwise you might be an irrational bigot who votes in another irrational bigot, and if that is the case, you are indeed deplorable…
AND…hypocritical, ignorant, representing the worst qualities of human or animal kind, the real reason America needs to be made great again, the cause of America taking strides toward Nazi Germany (but, demonizing Muslims instead of Jews), helping ISIS increase their numbers, and as a result, becoming exactly what you claim to hate…asswart…
…and I’m not apologizing.
Trump’s indifference to being politically correct would certainly make for bad negotiations.
Read More: 2 “Reasons” for Trump on Foreign Affairs, and 2 Reasons Against